How do I remove a stuck outboard impeller?
Hi Tore, just give it a tap with a hammer on the hub in between the blades while holding the driveshaft-it will dislodge the impeller and easy to remove then. Re-fit new one with grease.
How do you free a stuck pool pump impeller?
How do you fix a clogged pump impeller?
- Turn off the electricity running to the pump motor at your circuit breaker. …
- Remove the pump basket lid and the pump basket.
- You can use a bent coat hanger or just your fingers to reach into the impeller. …
- Pull out anything you find and clean your hook now and again.
How do I know if my pool pump impeller is bad?
How to Tell if Your Pump Impeller is Clogged
- The pump is making cavitation noises – loud, low grinding noise.
- The filter pressure is about half of what it normally reads.
- The pump basket doesn’t fill up with water (as seen through a clear lid).
- The water in pump is slowly moving, or swirling.
How long do spa pumps last?
5 to 10 years
Do I need a circulation pump on my hot tub?
The Circ Pump ensures that your water is moving and clean. While you can still purchase a hot tub without a Circ Pump, our hot tub experts at The Spa and Sauna Company recommend that you purchase a hot tub with some sort of filtration system. Hot Tubs without a Circ Pump often use a two-speed pump.