What are the best hot tub test strips?
Top 10 Pool Test Strips Reviews for 2020
- AquaChek Yellow Test Strips – 50 Pieces. …
- Hach Company 2745250 Total Hardness Test Strips – 50 Pieces. …
- HoneForest Water Hardness Test Strips – 100 Pieces. …
- Nature2 W29300 Spa Test Strips – 50 Pieces. …
- LaMotte Insta-Test 4 Plus – 50 Pieces. …
- JNW Direct Pool and Spa Test Strips – 150 Pieces.
What do the colors mean on pool test strips?
These strips determine chemical levels of substances in your pool such as chlorine, bromine, pH, alkalinity, and cyanuric acid. … Generally, darker colors will mean a higher presence and lighter will mean a lesser presence of the chemical.
How do you read a water test strip?
Tips for using Test Strips:
- Submerge the strip 6″ under water for two (2) seconds, and remove with the pads facing up.
- Shake ONCE to remove excess water.
- Place test strip up to the color legend and read immediately in this order: FCl > Alk > pH > CH.
- Add the appropriate chemicals indicated.
What should the chemical levels be in my hot tub?
You should aim for a level around 5 to 8 parts per million. Wait an additional 30 to 60 minutes before re-checking the free- chlorine level, and do not allow anyone to get in the hot tub until the chlorine levels have dropped between 2 and 4 parts per million, which is a recommended range by the way.
Are chlorine test strips accurate?
They are suitable for regular testing of your pool’s water. Pool test strips are accurate but the accuracy depends on a few factors. Some pool experts say that strips can be more accurate than drop kits because with drop and liquid testing kits, there’s much more room to make errors.
How often should you test your hot tub water?
3 times per week
What does free chlorine mean on test strip?
Free chlorine refers to the amount of chlorine that has yet to combine with chlorinated water to effectively sanitize contaminants, which means that this chlorine is free to get rid of harmful microorganisms in the water of your swimming pool.
What happens if free chlorine is low?
When the chlorine level is too low, microorganisms like bacteria are able to multiply faster. With harmful bacteria like e-coli, this will quickly cause your pool to be unhealthy, risking any swimmers potentially getting sick. Algae growth. Algae will also grow quickly.
What are the most accurate pool test strips?
The 8 Best Pool Test Strips
- AquaChek 7-Way Pool Test Strips – Best Overall. …
- JNW Direct 6-in-1 Spa & Pool Test Strips. …
- Poolmaster 4-Way Pool Test Strips – Best Value. …
- LaMotte 3028 6-Way Test Strips. …
- GLB 4-Way Swimming Pool Test Strips. …
- hth Pool Test Kit 6-Way Test Strips. …
- Clear Pool Expert 6-Way Test Strips.
How do you read a nitrate test strip?
Dip the test strip into the solution so that both pads are immersed and hold for 2-3 seconds in the solution. Remove the test strip, and shake off any excess liquid. Compare test pad to the color chart after 30 seconds.
What is stabilizer on spa test strip?
Stabilizer: Stabilizer measures the amount of cyanuric acid in your pool water. Stabilized chlorine lasts longer under direct sunlight and reduces the sun’s impact to chlorine loss. Maintain Stabilizer of at least 30 ppm.
How do you read Frog ease test strips?
Simply dip the FROG @ease Test Strip into the water, remove with the pads facing up and shake once to remove the water on the FROG Test Strips. Then put it up to the color chart on the bottle and compare. If the SmartChlor color on the strip is darker than the bottle label, the water is fine.
Can I use my hot tub without chemicals?
So although you cannot run a hot tub without chemicals, you can run a hot tub without the harsh effects of chemicals with Silk Balance. Please note – you must drain your hot tub and flush out the pipes with Clean Start if you are switching your existing water to Silk Balance for the first time.
What happens if you put too much chlorine in a hot tub?
Too much chlorine can damage your hot tub and irritate your skin, eyes and lungs. Thankfully, reducing the chlorine levels in your hot tub is very easy to do. In fact, you may not even have to do anything at all.